Sync on Mobile works only randomly

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
Matth

Sync on Mobile works only randomly

Post by Matth » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:03 pm

Ever since updating the server to Version 10.29 my mobile Android phone has major problems syncing the mails.

On one phone I get simply no mails. I then installed the same mail client to another, old phone and it's not much better there. There at least I do get regularly the message that auto-sync is turned off and asks me to turn it on again.

Strange enough, some accounts do get synced, while others only work every now and then. Normally I used to get the mails immediately and with not delay. I haven't made any changes to the phone, so I'm quite positive that it is not the phone.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Sync on Mobile works only randomly

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:31 pm

Hi,

The best way forward here would be to lodge a support ticket and provide the device/mailbox ActiveSync log files to be analysed in more detail by a MailEnable technician. To enable the ActiveSync server side log files please review the following article: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020611

Please also provide detail of the email client being used on the Android device and which model it is.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:36 am

I did submit a ticket, on Feb 28. Still no reply as to what this causes? Do you have any update on that? How long is it gonna take?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 am

Hi,

What is the ticket number?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:10 am

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:46 am

Hi,

Ok thanks. The developers are still looking into it sorry. We can see that it looks to a threading issue on the server side but its going to take more time to confirm and rectify the issue. For managed responses though, please reply to your open ticket.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Matth

Post by Matth » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:56 am

I have replied there, but didn't get an answer. So thanks for the update.

Matth

Post by Matth » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:31 am

Just an update for anybody else having a problem.

After half a year of silence there is still no solution despite they happily took my money for the support call.

One of the major reasons for me to use Mailenable is to have an Outlook integration with the Exchange functionality. Since the MAPI client in Outlook is very buggy and extremely slow I was coping with it as it used to work at least with my phone. Since I can't synchronize my mails and not even my contacts anymore with the mailbox, there's literally no reason left for me to use this product. A shame, but even after using Mailenable for +10 years, there's always a time to say good bye. I guess it has arrived for me.