Webmail showing session timeout, but works using local IP addess

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
TimmehTech

Webmail showing session timeout, but works using local IP addess

Post by TimmehTech »

Hello,

I am having an issue with a mail server set up by a previous IT person. When logging into webmail by the main "webmail.xxx.org" address, we're immediately getting "Session timeout" errors. When using the local server IP/mewebmail, it goes right in. DNS has been checked, no issues there. I've run the install utility for Web Application Reconfigure, Apply Registry Permissions, and Set .NET Framework version for web applictions, restarting IIS for all, on this Windows Server 2016. What am I missing to get this resolved?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail showing session timeout, but works using local IP addess

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of MailEnable Standard you running? If not the latest on our downloads page then try to upgrade first to see if this helps.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

TimmehTech

Post by TimmehTech »

It appears to be running 10.20. I'm in the process of trying to find out what email address the previous IT guy used to set up the software/license, and will update it, then report back.

TimmehTech

Post by TimmehTech »

I have a question about that - the server is running version 10.20, but I'm seeing conflicting information on needing the key for incremental upgrades. Can you tell me if I just need to download and run the install package for the incremental without the key, or do I need to start searching for they key?

Thank you,
Tim

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

If your running MailEnable Standard edition (free version) it does not require licensing. You can upgrade to any newer version that is released. Therefore you can download 10.30 from our downloads page and run the installation and upgrade.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

TimmehTech

Post by TimmehTech »

We are now running 10.30, but still having the same issue. What is the next step to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Tim

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Check the Windows event log under the application log in respect to the date/time you get the session timeout error. Post up the error or warning.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

TimmehTech

Post by TimmehTech »

I'm getting Windows security events, both login and logoff, at the same time when I log in via webmail via IRL. Local IP address still works, hosting service is giving me issues when trying to use the public IP address.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Best way forward here is to lodge a support ticket so that a technician can login to the server and examine the configuration in more detail.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support