MailEnable Standard version 10.29.

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
Russell

MailEnable Standard version 10.29.

Post by Russell »

My MailEnable Standard version 10.29 private e-mail server has been working fine until this morning. I am able to receive e-mail messages from external e-mail addresses, but I am unable to send. When attempting to send to external e-mail addresses ( i.e., "rewillis1_1@juno.com" and "russell089@centurylink.net" ), I receive the same error message, as follows:

"Reason: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 554 5.7.1 [R8] Authentication Failed, must login."

An initial search on the Internet indicates that it could be due to a blacklist, but Spamhaus.org does not show anything out of the ordinary for my Internet Protocol ( IP ) address. Any suggestions? Thank you. :D

MartynK

Re: MailEnable Standard version 10.29.

Post by MartynK »

When your email client connects to the Mailenable server, it needs to login.

When you setup the account for example in Outlook, there is an option in the Account Settings for More Settings, in there on the Outgoing Server tab you can Specify that your SMTP server requires authentication, there you can select the "Use same settings as my incoming server" or if you need, enter your login details again.

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, please see the following attachments:
tempsnip_Thunderbird_servers_1.png
tempsnip_Thunderbird_servers_1.png (35.62 KiB) Viewed 22147 times
tempsnip_Thunderbird_servers_2.png
tempsnip_Thunderbird_servers_2.png (13.38 KiB) Viewed 22147 times

Why do I need to change any settings since these were working fine previously? My MailEnable private e-mail server was previously sending e-mail messages to my external e-mail address with these settings. Thank you for your help. :D

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, after further Internet research, this url ( i.e., "https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3463" ) provided the following information:

"Enhanced Mail System Status Codes

. . . . X.1.1 Bad destination mailbox address
The mailbox specified in the address does not exist. . . .

. . . . X.7.1 Delivery not authorized, message refused
The sender is not authorized to send to the destination. . . ."

The two external e-mail addresses given in my initial posting ( i.e., "rewillis1_1@juno.com" and "russell089@centurylink.net" ) are, indeed, valid, and I have had no problem sending e-mail messages to them in the past. The "X.7.1" status code is returned when I attempt to send to the first external e-mail address given immediately above, and the "X.1.1" status code is returned when I attempt to send to the second external e-mail address. There is something unusual occurring with my external e-mail addresses. Any suggestions? :D

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

So to be clear, the error message is shown in the Mailenable log file ?

Not quite following your comments.

Trying to see if this is a case of your email client is not authenticated against your Mailenable server ?

Are both the sender and recipient domains hosted on your Mailenable server

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, please see the following log file attachments:

SMTP-Activity-200822.log:
tempsnip_MailEnable_Activity_log_1.png
tempsnip_MailEnable_Activity_log_1.png (42.47 KiB) Viewed 22116 times
SMTP-Debug-200822.log:
tempsnip_MailEnable_Debug_log_1.png
tempsnip_MailEnable_Debug_log_1.png (30.09 KiB) Viewed 22116 times

Do you have any suggestions for a solution based on this data? At first glance, it looks like there is a problem with my Dynu.com E-mail Store/Forward service. Is this observation correct? Thank you for your help. :D

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

To me its saying exactly what it says in the error message.

Your trying to login using invalid details.

What did you do to create this error message, eg, trying to login using an email client ?

I go back to my first post, I dont think your email client is setup to pass the username and password correctly.

Is that Thunderbird your using ?

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, I am using the Thunderbird version 68.11.0 (32-bit) e-mail client, but I am using it primarily for day-to-day e-mail communications. I am using my copy of the MailEnable Standard version 10.31 ( I just upgraded this afternoon from version 10.29 ) private e-mail server software to send weekly church bulletins via the electronic mailing list configured in it. There are a few server e-mail addresses configured in my Thunderbird e-mail client, but I am not using them. My reason for posting to this forum was to try to find an answer regarding why I am suddenly not able to send e-mail messages from my Thunderbird e-mail client to my private e-mail server. The Thunderbird configuration shown in my second posting, above, has been working until a few days ago. Any suggestions? Also, evidence for my recent upgrade is shown in the inline attachment, below:

MailEnable Standard version 10.31:
tempsnip_MailEnable_1031_1.png
tempsnip_MailEnable_1031_1.png (37.47 KiB) Viewed 22100 times
Thank you for your help. :D

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

I seem to remember in thunderbird there is a setting which specifies which SMTP authentication details to use per account.

If you dont specify a set and which set, it trys to use the same set for all accounts, normally the details of the first account you setup.

Have you got another PC that you can install thunderbird on and try with just the one account from scratch ?

This really does look like a client config issue rather than a mail server issue.

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, I would like to kindly ask that you unblock my private e-mail server. :x

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

What ?

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, many apologies. My previous response was borne out of impatience. I would not blame you guys at MailEnable.com support if you did not want to help me anymore. In any event, I think that my private e-mail server is now tentatively working again. Thank you for your help. :D

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Hi,
I dont work at or for Mailenable, I am just a user like you.

What was the problem, how did you fix it ?`

Russell

Post by Russell »

MartynK, it was a problem with the port being blocked. Whether you work for MailEnable.com or not, I appreciate your willingness to help. :D