New version (2.37) is out

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
michelkenny

New version (2.37) is out

Post by michelkenny »

Installing it right now. Release notes haven't been updated yet, so I don't know what's new.

Marconius

Post by Marconius »

You are a braver soul than most.

mikebol

Post by mikebol »

Marconius wrote:You are a braver soul than most.
Ditto! :D

pearsont74

Re: New version (2.37) is out

Post by pearsont74 »

michelkenny wrote:Installing it right now. Release notes haven't been updated yet, so I don't know what's new.
I cant believe ME would relase a new version without info on changes and all...just shows the lack of support surpassing even microsoft.

mikebol

Post by mikebol »

I think someone goofed by putting that page out today. Notice the update date on the page shows February, 14th? That's tomorrow. I wouldn't be suprised if the package is still 2.351.

Mike

michelkenny

Post by michelkenny »

mikebol wrote:I think someone goofed by putting that page out today. Notice the update date on the page shows February, 14th? That's tomorrow. I wouldn't be suprised if the package is still 2.351.

Mike
After installing it, the system overview shows 2.37. Haven't found a problem with it yet. I only have a couple of users, so if ever something went wrong, it wouldn't cause a big problem and I just have to revert to an older version. One thing I noticed that was fixed (don't know if it's because of version 2.37 or Firefix 2.0.0.1) is that the HTML editor now works in Firefox. Previously it would just lock up Firefox.

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

Yes, the release notes have also not been updated on the web site from what I can seen.

mikebol

Post by mikebol »

Strange. They're still not updated.

Marconius

Post by Marconius »

mikebol wrote:Strange. They're still not updated.
Geez, give them a bit(more than a whole day!), it's not like you would want to know what fixes or breaks with the release that they put out.... it would totally ruin the suprise of finding out the new "features" on your own!

I have decided to wait at least a week, maybe more depending on what it breaks for them to put out another sub-sub release to fix the fix. That way they can get their documentation up and I can know what kind of voodoo dance I have to do to make sure all of the stars line up for a successful upgrade.

mikebol

Post by mikebol »

I think it's usual and customary to have release notes with the release, not sometime thereafter. I won't install an update without some documentation about what fixes are contained within. I also like to wait a week or so as you do to see if there are any problems.

I reserve the "voodoo dance" for special occasions.
:lol:
Mike

MvdS

Post by MvdS »

Well, it would certainly be nice if there were some release notes. However, the 2.37 version fixed the problem with the filters.

michelkenny

Post by michelkenny »

Release notes are updated.