ME EAS Management reporting incorrect number of licenses

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
kiamori

ME EAS Management reporting incorrect number of licenses

Post by kiamori »

ME ActiveSync Management is reporting more licenses consumed that what are actually in use, we had some users test out EAS and then they have decided not to use the service however the manager still shows licenses consumed # even though they have been removed. What is the process to resync the license count?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: ME EAS Management reporting incorrect number of licenses

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

http://www.mailenable.com/activesync/EAS_Licensing.pdf

5.1 Can dormant licenses be reclaimed when I renew?
Yes, any dormant licenses (mailboxes that no longer require access via ActiveSync) will be discarded at commencement of a new license term (of 12 months).
Once consumed, a license remains consumed to the end of the current twelve month validity of the license. If the user who consumed the license ceases to make use of it, it cannot be reclaimed or reused by another user in the same twelve month period.
When a license renewal is purchased, all consumed licenses are reset, and become available for consumption once again.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Why is ME EAS like this when EAS is monthly reporting? It makes ME EAS potentially more expensive then Exchange itself.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Unfortunately MailEnable is constrained in the way it licenses EAS. The terms simply have to be that if a mailbox is synchronised within the year that the license is consumed. A way to optimise the expenditure is to buy in blocks rather than a large number at once; but unfortunately you will find that all non-MS EAS offerings are priced very similarly. Google is (er was!) an exception to the rule. But they recently announced that they were limiting which customers they provided EAS to - and are exploring CalDAV/CardDAV as a possibility (or something to that effect).
Regards, Andrew