MAPI connector producing duplicate and triplicate emails

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
pmnit

MAPI connector producing duplicate and triplicate emails

Post by pmnit »

We are running Enterprise Premium Version 8.55 and our MAPI connectors are running version 1.64. The clients are running Windows 7 Pro X64 and Office 2007.

In years past we have always just used POP3 for client access. But recently we have decided to start using the more advanced features of MailEnable. So we rolled out the MAPI connector to a about 4 employees. Two of them have a problem with Outlook showing duplicates and triplicates of messages in the inbox. Not ALL messages mind you. Just some. Seemingly at random. If we log into webmail on those accounts, everything looks fine and there are only single copies of those messages that have been duplicated in the Outlook inbox.

On the flip side of that, we have another user that for some reason, Outlook will suddenly decide to not download copies of new emails. This happens at random and not all of the time. And like the other two with duplicate email problems, its not ALL messages but just some. And again this is seemingly at random. In this users case, restarting Outlook will temporarily correct the issue. But not always.

The 4th person (me), has not had any of these issues. I have the MAPI connector setup using SSL on my laptop and standard ports on my desktop. We are all on the same internal network.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing these?

pmnit

Re: MAPI connector producing duplicate and triplicate emails

Post by pmnit »

Bump... Anyone in here have any ideas? Ben? Ian?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Hi,
we will be releasing version 2 of the Connector in the new year.
In the interim, we do have a build available that is stable (and it does include additional protection for duplicate items).
If you wish to access this update as pre-release it is available here:
http://www.mailenable.com/mesetup_x32b.exe
http://www.mailenable.com/mesetup_x64b.exe

Thanks
Regards, Andrew

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

I tried the new MAPI connector on both PC's. So far, it seems to have corrected the issue on one of them but not the other. However, it is still a bit early to tell for sure as they have only been running it a couple hours.

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

I was wrong about one computer work and the other not. Now both computers are having duplicates again using this new version of the MAPI connector. Any other ideas on what to do about this?

pmnit

Post by pmnit »

The new MAPI connector has also caused a problem on my PC (which is not having issues with duplicates). After installing the new MAPI connector, Outlook crashes every time I close it. I uninstalled the new version and put 1.64 back on my computer and it does not crash Outlook on exit.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.6691.5000
Application Timestamp: 52e8c57c
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 4e555f45
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem: