Using Connector Offline?

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
tman987

Using Connector Offline?

Post by tman987 »

Does the connector work offline? I installed the connector and synched my email. I then shutdown outlook and disconnected my internet/network connection, restarted outlook and I got a message from outlook stating that it could not find the default message store and then it shut down.

I reconnected the network, restarted outlook and everything worked find.

Does this connector work offline? This is a very important feature for users that have laptops or are connecting remotely via internet that may not have internet connection but want to access old messages, contacts etc.....

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Using Connector Offline?

Post by MailEnable »

We are working to provide offline support. There is currently some support, however it is not a complete solution.
Regards, Andrew

tman987

Re: Using Connector Offline?

Post by tman987 »

Is there an ETA on off line access support? That is the feature I am waiting for. I want to use MailEnable to host Exchange like features but my clients will have to have access to to their old emails in the event that they cannot connect to the MailEnable Server.

BTW what do you mean by " There is currently some support". Is there a way to test that?