MAPI Connector crashes Outlook 2010

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
Docent

MAPI Connector crashes Outlook 2010

Post by Docent »

Hello,

Unfortunately I find the MAPI connector unusable in Outlook 2010 which is currently in public beta. While composing a new e-mail, when you type the address in the "To" field and then switch to some other field (like "Subject"), Outlook immediately crashes. Are you aware of any possible workaround or fix for that? This is a really serious show-stopper... :(

Best regards,
Docent

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: MAPI Connector crashes Outlook 2010

Post by MailEnable »

We noticed a problem in the original tech preview release, but when we tested with the public beta the issue no longer occured.
We will re-investigate with the current beta and see if the problem persists.
Regards, Andrew

Docent

Post by Docent »

Thanks you for your rapid response! After some investigation I found that the problem occurs only on a clean Outlook profile with no other accounts and no history. After I added MailEnable MAPI to my existing profile with some other POP3 accounts I can type all the recipient addresses with no issues.

My experience is based on version 1.20 beta.

Regards,
Docent

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

Thanks for the clarification. The reason it does not crash is most likely because the MailEnable MAPI account is not the default message store. From memory 2010 has a new feature that attempts to look up the "presence" of recipients against the contacts within the default message store. If you added MailEnable to an existing profile, its probably not the default store - and therefore does not not have issues. We will loook into the current beta and see what can be done to address the problem.
Regards, Andrew

MailEnable-Nick

Post by MailEnable-Nick »

Hi Docent,

We have tried the Outlook 2010 beta again, and it seems to work pretty well for us. Maybe give the new release another go on 2010 as well, just to confirm that you still have the crashing. Assuming it is still crashing for you, maybe see if you can determine any more information about what exactly leads to the crash (eg. any valid email address at all, or even invalid, or must exist in the contacts or address book, etc.). Perhaps create a new empty postoffice with a new empty mailbox and connect with 2010 and see if the problem occurs in that vanilla state as well.

Thanks,
Nick.