Reminder/Alarm not working

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
djanjic

Reminder/Alarm not working

Post by djanjic »

Hello,

We would like to offer "Exchange" like functionality to our customers. In order to do that we have just upgraded our server to Enterprise premium 5.51 from 4.26 and we are testing Outlook MAPI client (32 bit) on several machines running different versions of Outlook. Testing is going well so far with one glitch we are not able to find a solution for. I looked through the forum and judging by the posts we should be able to do this. Here is the issue:

When we set an appointment in the calendar and we want to set the reminder for that appointment Outlook responds with the following message:

"The reminder for the "appointment" will not appear because the item is in the folder that doesn't support reminders. Is this OK?"

Is there something on the server that needs to be enabled for this to work or in the client itself (which I cannot find)?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

MailEnable-Ben

Re: Reminder/Alarm not working

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi, Try it in a new Outlook Profile with only one mailbox configured using the MailEnable Outlook Connector and see if that works. Let me know if you need any more information on doing this.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

whodkne

Post by whodkne »

Ugh.. stupid forum timeout. I had a good detailed post going and submitted it timed my session out.

Anyhow, now you get my brief post. I had the same issue, tested in a new profile and confirmed it works for the first MAPI account in a profile. Any additional accounts give the reminder notification and reminders do not work.

ChristopherMarcus

Post by ChristopherMarcus »

It is really important for you to have these thing because it could help you for setting all of your schedules in organize. It is especially if you are into business.

djanjic

Post by djanjic »

I agree with Christopher, it is important to be able to have a reminder with multiple profiles. Many SMB users have multiple accounts/profiles in Outlook it is essential that they work.

Dusan

swim

Post by swim »

has this been fixed / updated ? as we need this very importanted function for our users to set reminders from shared calendars.

swim

Post by swim »

has this been fixed / updated ? as we need this very importanted function for our users to set reminders from shared calendars.

ajmoore79

Post by ajmoore79 »

Does anyone know if this has been fixed for outlook 2013? I get the same error.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Does anyone know if this has been fixed for outlook 2013? I get the same error.
Yes it should work in the latest revisions of the MailEnable MAPI connector and server. Are you running the latest?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

KabTak47

Post by KabTak47 »

Hi,

Do you have one that has not been upgraded yet to test that is similar to a client that exhibited the problem? If so PM me with TV access and we can check it together before you go ahead and upgrade.
ali