Is anyone listening?

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
sgirard

Is anyone listening?

Post by sgirard »

I had another user migrate to MAPI over the holiday (on her own) (v 1.51 on server v 6.7) and lose dozens of her group lists that included hundreds of email addresses. The mailenable server or the MAPI client strips all members of an email group list when it stores it on the server.

*poof* gone... years of collected email addresses and I am called upon to make excuses. Same can be said for contact details, appointment details and fields, flag color organization, ad nauseum... there are so many bugs and annoyances it boggles the mind that this product has been released for enterprise customer use.

I have had a ticket open on this since August and have heard nothing since November. Is this finally going to be fixed in V 7? I am a paying subscriber to enterprise level who also licenses the EAS (another broken product) and this is just one of the many issues with the MAPI client that are making IT a real favorite with my users.

We have updated MAPI client versions several times (a fun task when it must be done and tracked for each installed client and there is no auto-update feature)

Seriously, is it time to switch mail servers? My execs are putting real pressure to "just find a product that works".

I have loved and supported and recommended your product for years but am truly reaching the end of my rope and my department has become a laughing stock between the rollout of MAPI and EAS this year.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone listening?

Post by MailEnable »

It is strange that the ticket has not yielded a result. I think i located the ticket and it is marked as in a waiting state - but there is no work order to fix the issue.
This would normally indicate that the issue is fixed, but I will need to talk with the engineer responsible for the ticket to determine the exact status.
In the interim, the following kits have notes that indicate that they resolve an issue with contacts not synchronising correctly (but I am not sure if they resolve the spectific problem/s you mention in the ticket - which is why I need to talk to the engineer).

http://www.mailenable.com/mesetup152_x32.exe
http://www.mailenable.com/mesetup152_x64.exe

Also, the server 6.75 release (release notes December 21 2012) indicates a fix for contact group replication to the MAPI server.

With respect to EAS, I could not find any significant issues in the produce register (current release).
If you could elaborate on the issue or provide a reference, it would help us locate and resolve the issue.

Thanks
Regards, Andrew

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

I have to agree with this post. Mailenable is broken. I'm so frustrated with this product I've been repeatedly looking at alternatives since I've upgraded to enterprise. Here's another problem for you, I'm creating subfolders in MAPI connector, try to delete the subfolder. NOPE. I've got to dig around in the file level to clean up my own system. That's with your 1.52 release. Still can't reset folders, etc... nothing works 100%.

I'm so disappointed. I feel like you guys are betraying my trust in our 10 year relationship. If you guys can't create a testing platform to test your own systems; or use them first and to see how many problems and issues there are that need to be addressed, I don't see how I can renew next year. Please, fix these major issues immediately.
---
Shaun Rieman
Advanced Micro Technologies, LLC

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

Oh, here's another issue. Old items with cleared flags imported from a PST turn into flags with no cleared status. Also, dismissed reoccurring calendar items reappear as not dismissed if you have to delete the User\AppData\Roaming\Mailenable folder. (Something I've had to do often).
---
Shaun Rieman

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

As product issues are raised, we work to resolve and provide updates - I'll ensure that any issues cited here are fed into the product register.
But in order to provide the best outcome, these issues need to be compiled constructively, and the support ticket system is the best way to ensure that issues are managed.
It is very difficult to track issues via the forum - and thats why we encourage people to use the ticket system when they require a response (other than those from the general community).
Regards, Andrew

webshaun

Post by webshaun »

I think the point is that people don't have time to bug check your product for you. I'm done submitting reports for your product. The problems are clear if you look.
---
Shaun Rieman