EAS Setup Problem

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
bardel

EAS Setup Problem

Post by bardel »

Hi,

I've purchased and installed a wildcard SSL certificate on my site.
I've used the EAS config tool to add autodiscover and activesync to my www.domain.co.uk site.
I've added the host autodiscover.domain.co.uk to the MEProtocols site (and secured it with the wildcard cert)
I've added the SRV DNS record to point to autodiscover.domain.co.uk

If I try to test the server without any credentials I get a response that says everything appears ok but the credentials were invalid.
If I then add the right credentials I get the following error during the foldersync command...

Executing Test: Folder Synchronisation...

FolderSync response unexpected length
Suggestion: The FolderSync command test failed. This could be because a folder called ActiveSync does not exist under your CONFIG folder. You should verify that this folder exists and re-run the test.

I've tried with the SRV record pointing to the www.domain.co.uk instead of autodiscover.domain.co.uk but this responds saying that ActiveSync isn't installed, so Im reasonably confident I followed the instructions right the first time around.

Any clues as to what's wrong here?

Thanks

Barry

bardel

Re: EAS Setup Problem

Post by bardel »

I've tried to raise a configuration support ticket, but there is no option for free evaluation support on EAS when you have a registered product?!

So I'll wait for replies here for now.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What exact version of MailEnable are you running? If not 6.60 then please upgrade as there has been various fixes to cater for EAS and auto discovery when using a host name such autodiscover.domainame
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bardel

Post by bardel »

Hi Ian,

I was on 6.56

I've upgraded to 6.60 with the same results.

However, having spent some time working through this the problem seems to be because I am running IIS6 in 32bit mode on a 64bit machine and that the dotnet libraries on the sites are not updated to the correct version.

Since I've no longer the need to run in 32bit mode, I've reverted IIS to 64bit mode and the Active Sync is working now. Alternatively I could have set each site to use the 32bit .net framework libraries to resolve I suspect, but it's there now!

One last non EAS related question. What's the best way to keep a MailEnable mailbox sync'd with a Mac client? I thought I might be able to use the "Exchange" option in MacMail (hopefully wondering if it was using ActiveSync or not), but that just responds to say the Exchange Server isn't responding...

Thanks

Barry