Outlook Crashing very popular

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
sagelike

Outlook Crashing very popular

Post by sagelike »

Looking at my previous thread "Outlook 2013 keeps crashing" with almost 4000 views, it's clear there is a serious problem here.

What we don't see in that thread is much if any insight or help from Mailenable.

You guys must know more than you're telling us because you've avoided this topic like the plague despite almost 4000 views!

Which is to blame Mailenable or Outlook 2013 and why hasn't it been fixed after all this time?

As customers, we deserve a clear answer and direction on this serious issue from ME. I pay you guys money for this product and it needs to work or at the very least have an honest answer!

Regards,
Glenn

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Outlook Crashing very popular

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are you running the latest version of MailEnable server? What is the error reported within the Windows event log when the client crashes? Is The client machine up to date with all Outlook updates and Windows updates? Have you tried disabling all Outlook plugins to see if the stops the crashing? We are unaware of any crashing behavior in the latest revisions of MailEnable when connecting via Outlook 2013 EAS. Therefore if this is reproducible then it maybe best you lodge a support ticket and provide access to an example client machine and the server so we can inspect further.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

Hi Ian,

I updated to latest version of ME last week and thought I'd try to use Outlook 2013 again. It's already crashing 1 day after setup. That's the shortest period between setup and crashing.

Given the high number of views and responses in my previous thread on this issue, it's kind of surprising that you're unaware of this problem. Many people are experiencing crashes with Outlook 2013 with ME activesync and have simply stopped using it as I did.

I've tried disabling plugins, this problem occurred on my previous Windows 7 computer and continued with fresh install using different video card. I read somewhere it might be related to video card but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've tried everything.

I don't know if this is an ME issue or an Outlook problem.

I will setup a support ticket so you can take at it closely.

Thanks
Glenn

tomr

Post by tomr »

Has the problem been resolved for you?

-tom

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

No. This is a very common problem and someone must know what the problem is but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Is this an Outlook problem or an Mailenable problem? I would love to know the answer.

LTSGroup

Post by LTSGroup »

I am having this same issue. I have a customer that has Outlook 2013 and it crashes within seconds of opening. Has this been resolved yet?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

New beta kit on the beta page 9.54 contains fixes to EAS that could cause the Outlook client to crash when syncing. It also contains improved performance for mailbox containing large folders.

http://www.mailenable.com/beta
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sagelike

Post by sagelike »

Thanks Ian. Just installed 9.54 last night.

I'll keep you posted.

grahamdms

Post by grahamdms »

Its a problem with the mapi connector. Outlook keeps disabling the addon. We have come up with our own registry entries to prevent this from happening. It happens with all versions of outlook 2010,2013,2016 .

We have created a do not disable addon registry key in outlook . sometimes as well you have to point the mapi connector back to C:\windows\sysWow64\MAILENABLE32.DLL as after outlook decided to disable it , it seems to go off into looking into users /appdata/roaming for whatever reason. Once you point it back it seems to be loaded again and loads the mapi connector. Sometimes repiaring office helps and cleaning the outlook resiliency registry folder.

We have been experiencing all kinds of issues with outlook and the mapi connector. It just seems like its always outlook that is the culprit or the mapi connector lagging which then makes outlook think its broken and disables is. annoying none the less. We provide IT support for 2000 users and you could see how this could become a pain.

hope this helps someone.

Graham

grahamdms

Post by grahamdms »

one more thing we have found is after repairing office sometimes go to control panel, mail, and deleting the email profile and recreating it also will solve the crashing problem.

just thought ide add that.