Default Data File in Outlook 2013

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
Matth

Default Data File in Outlook 2013

Post by Matth »

Hi

I have Outlook 2013 installed in a 64-bit version. Besides my accounts with the Mailenable server I also have an Microsoft Exchange email account.

Since I have added the MS Exchange account, Outlook defaults this calendar as the default calendar. This is quite annoying when I import new calendar items through an internet link, as there is no way that I can select the calendar it should use. When I try to change the default calendar, I get the following error message:

"The selected Outlook data file (.pst) format cannot be used. Outlook data files (.pst) must use the same format as offline Outlook data files (.ost). Select a matching Outlook data file (.pst) or turn off cache mode in the Account Settings."

I did turn off the cache mode for the MS Exchange account but even then, I still get the same error message.

My Mailenable account uses an .ost file. The only difference is, that the MS Exchange account uses the "Microsoft Exchange" type, while the Mailenable account uses the "Exchange ActiveSync" type.

How can I make my main account (Mailenable) the default calendar? For the mail account I can select the default account with no problems.

Thanks for any input.