iOS 12.2 problems with EAS

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
sagelike

iOS 12.2 problems with EAS

Post by sagelike »

Hi there,

I've been experiencing some problems with iphone activesync connectivity to our server over the past few weeks. All security is disabled on our server and last night one user kept getting a connection error. They didn't provide more details.

I had to reboot server to get it working again. This same client has 20 older pre-12.x iOS devices connecting to activesync without a problem.

It's a little hit and miss however. I've had a couple of other clients with similar connectivity issues and others are OK. My own 12.2 iphone works without issue so far.

Has anyone experienced this?

THanks
G

sagelike

Re: iOS 12.2 problems with EAS

Post by sagelike »

It seems I have to reboot sometimes to get a user to reconnect. Clearing sync data doesn't always work and I tried restarting ME services but only reboot allowed user with Android BB Hub app to reconnect. I had to do same thing with iphone user a couple of weeks ago as well...only reboot got them connected again.

The same client with iphone has almost 20 other users but all using pre 12.x versions of iOS and they never have a problem but email use if very light for those other users. Very minimal email storage as it's a call system for their drivers so little email is stored.

It's very hit and miss though. Doesn't happen to most users and hasn't happened with my own Pixel 3 running BB Hub app. It's mostly iOS that is the problem.

Is there a better way to kick Activesync without a reboot?

sagelike

Re: iOS 12.2 problems with EAS

Post by sagelike »

Had to reboot again to get Android/BB Hub user reconnected. Any chance of getting a reply on how to restart services without rebooting in a way that will accomplish the same thing as a reboot?

sagelike

Re: problem with EAS

Post by sagelike »

So I keep having to reboot to get iPhone and Android devices to start syncing again.

Is there any way to do with without a reboot!?