Mailbox Size Not updating

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
triple

Mailbox Size Not updating

Post by triple »

Hi,
We are using ME Enterprise, after upgrade to 9.72 our customer start complaining about mailbox size issue.

The Mailbox size is not calculating properly, when I check the postoffice folder the mailbox is empty (incl inbox and all folders) but MMC panel is showing the mailbox size is full. We're using the Mailenable with Plesk and the plesk panel is showing the correct size.

Due to this issue user message bounce with over quote message.

Let us know if you need any input from us for troubleshooting of the issue.

Thank you

triple

Re: Mailbox Size Not updating

Post by triple »

I appreciate somebody from Mailenable can respond to this issue. The problem is increaseing and we are getting more and more complain everyday.
I have attached the screenshot for your reference. If you notice the actual size of the folder is 372KB but Mailenable interface is showing 110.59MB.
Attachments
User Usage in Mailenable
User Usage in Mailenable
mailenable-size-issue02.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 24021 times
User actual usage in file explorer
User actual usage in file explorer
mailenable-size-issue01.jpg (62.27 KiB) Viewed 24021 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

How were the messages purged from the folder? I.e: what email client was used and how does it connect? IMAP, POP, web mail? It looks like the messages were deleted but the "_DIRSIZE.TMP" file in the folder was not updated. Were they removed manually from the folder?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

triple

Post by triple »

Hi,
Most of the client is using the Outlook to retrieve the email with POP but we try to check it with POP, IMAp and webmail.

I also tried deleting "_DIRSIZE.TMP" manually but it again create with same size (not the actual size). One more thing I've noticed the explorer.exe is start consuming more memory after this issue.

Thank you

hostfactory.ch

Post by hostfactory.ch »

hello,

unfortunately, after "triple's" reply, there is no further answer from mailenable support.
unfortunately, because we face the same issue too, from time to time.

our client did remove the messages in outlook over IMAP, but "_DIRSIZE.TMP" has not been updated.

i did rename "_DIRSIZE.TMP" manually and after a login in mailenable webmail everything looks okay now.
due to the fact, that our customers are not using mailenable webmail, it would be great if the issue could be fixed without manual file removal and without login into me-webmail, actually?

thank you for supporting us,
andy
Linux and Windows Hosting: http://www.hostfactory.ch