MTA Filters are not licensed and not working

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
dholbrook2

MTA Filters are not licensed and not working

Post by dholbrook2 »

Greetings

I installed the latest version of Mailenable standard, and have no add on programs that work with it. It is running on Windows Server 2016. I use it for a list server only for a volunteer group.

It is not receiving anything from the outside. All the services are running per the diagnostics. The software is licensed.

When I check the MTA log it gives the error that the Filters are not licensed and working. I have not found anything on the forum that helps, and I hope someone can help me.

Thank you!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: MTA Filters are not licensed and not working

Post by Admin »

Hi,

It is normal with the MTA log to indicate the filters are not licensed since it requires the Professional or Enterprise version. This does not affect the inbound email though. Make sure that you can contact your server over port 25. It is common for this port to be blocked by your ISP. Some details are at:

https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020207

You want to see if you can telnet to the server from remotely. i.e. be able to

telnet serverip 25

Where serverip is the IP address of the server.

dholbrook2

Post by dholbrook2 »

Thank you for your reply. The MtA log in all the years I have run the standard version has never had this error and actually logged informataion. And it is NOT working. Nothing else was changed in the system setup, including the port 25 setup with my router. My ISP has allowed my use of Port 25 for some time.

If I attached a copy of the un-informative (to me) diagnostics would that potentially help you possibly help me? The system is dead in the water, and I and 70 volunteers are a little frustrated.

Thank you.
Doug

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The MTA only works on emails that have already been accepted by the server. If someone sends an email to the server do they get a bounce message? The SMTP service accepts the email from external, so you can check those logs to see if there are any inbound emails. In order for us to diagnose the problem we would likely need details of the server and domain which the diagnostic output will show, and possibly the SMTP Debug and Activity log. You may be best opening a support ticket to submit this information for privacy rather than posting on the forum.

dholbrook2

Post by dholbrook2 »

Every e-mail bounces saying the . None are in the SMTP logs or in any log. The diagnostics says there are none in the que in or out. The "technical information" on the failed e-mails is

" The response from the remote server was:
454 TLS not available due to server configuration issue "

TLS is not required per the settings, but is optional as I recall. Does that give you any clue?

I know port 25 is open and working as spammers are knocking loudly. . Thank you for your response.

dholbrook2

Post by dholbrook2 »

I forwarded the diagnostics run this morning to support. Thank you.

dholbrook2

Post by dholbrook2 »

And here is another error after I enabled SSL.

Remote-MTA: (redacted)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

In Relay, I do not have authenitication (the first sub box checked. I don't have authenticaton required for the server either. I have, on Relay, only checked the box "Allow relay" as I am only using this as a a list, not an e-mail server, and I understand the list protocol checks against the full e-mail of list members as authentication. I may have that wrong. I do not have access to this during the work day, so I have disconnected it from the network to avoid problems until either this gets fixed or I move to another solution.