Secondary Post Office mail deliver delay

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
ThatoP

Secondary Post Office mail deliver delay

Post by ThatoP »

Good day,

Please note that we are experiencing a rather odd issue. Out main Post Office domain is able to receive incoming emails efficiently and timeously.

However our secondary Post Office domains receive emails in delay or at times they receive no emails at all. Please note that I have also attached a notification received on my Gmail mailbox, that illustrates a delay notification to one of these Post Office domains.

Do you perhaps know what could be causing the issue thereof?
Attachments
Delay Notification.JPG
Delay Notification.JPG (30.26 KiB) Viewed 16182 times

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Secondary Post Office mail deliver delay

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

When I telnet to mail.avimap.co.za over port 25 it times out and does not respond. Are you sure that the MX record mail.avimap.co.za for the domain avimap.co.za is pointing to the correct IP address of your MailEnable server?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

ThatoP

Post by ThatoP »

Good day Ian,

Thank you for your response and I apologise for the delayed response.

Kindly be advised that the MX record is indeed pointing to mail server IP address also from my end (the office network) I am able to telnet into the following mail server address: mail.avimap.co.za and from a remote server, which is outside of the office network.

Further to the above, please note that ping tests to the server thereof also display the correct mail server IP address.

May you kindly advise on your telnet location? and may you kindly advise if there is perhaps anything else we could verify, in this regard?

Kind Regards
Thato Phatedi

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes the MX record resolves correctly. I have tried to telnet over port 25 from my end and it does not connect. We are connecting from Australia.

C:\>telnet mail.avimap.co.za 25
Connecting To mail.avimap.co.za...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25: Connect failed
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

ThatoP

Post by ThatoP »

Good day Ian,

Thank you for your response in this regard, it is much appreciated.

I think the issue may be caused by a incorrect Gateway IP being setup on our internal firewall. May you kindly try and telnet once more and advise if all is in order?

ThatoP

Post by ThatoP »

Good day Ian,

I would kindly like to check if you have had a chance to review my latest correspondence as yet also we noticed that the issue still seems to be persisting at different intervals.

Kind Regards
Thato Phatedi

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No we still cannot establish a connection via telnet to mail.avimap.co.za on port 25
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

I can connect via telnet but then I am in South Africa, which may make a difference.

220 profile.co.za ESMTP MailEnable Service, Version: 9.75-- ready at 07/29/21 09:10:10

ThatoP

Post by ThatoP »

Good day Ian and Brett,

Thank you for your responses.

I figured as to why Ian is unable to connect and Brett is. Our firewall unfortunately blocks connections from other countries thus the reason Brett was able to connect to our server via Telnet.

ThatoP

Post by ThatoP »

Good day Ian and Brett,

Kindly be advised that we managed to rectify the issue, it was unfortunately caused by an internal firewall config.

Kind Regards
Thato Phatedi