SMTP Relay per domain

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
wsitadm

SMTP Relay per domain

Post by wsitadm »

Hello there.

Goal
I'm looking for a way to configure a per-domain SMTP relay.

I see that we can set up a global smart-host server in the SMTP settings and relay through that but that applies to ALL outbound emails. I want to relay for only specific domains (and they require authentication) and have the rest get delivered directly.

Background
I'm using MailEnable as an outbound SMTP server for transactional emails. Our email is hosted by Google Workspaces. Up until recently we were using Google's SMTP Relay services but we've outgrown those, so we're sending emails ourselves.

I set up MailEnable and things are working great except for one issue. We have an internal process that sends something to the tune of 3000 emails to a single mailbox. Google doesn't like that and they defer delivery to that address (with a 450-4.2.1). I have found that if we use their relay servers we are exempt from this threshold so I'd like to use the Google SMTP Relays for only our domain and for the rest our emails, send them directly.

Any thoughts?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Relay per domain

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Right click on a postoffice and access the properties for that postoffice. Then navigate to the "Outbound" tab. Here you can setup postoffice level smart hosting for outbound sending.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support