mails not visible on the client

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
sagiras

mails not visible on the client

Post by sagiras »

I am using the mailenable professional server on a virtual server. My virtual server is damaged and my operating system won't boot. I was able to recover the virtual disk file and got the mailenable folder from it.

I created a new virtual server and installed mailenable. I copied the folders from the virtual disk I saved to the new server. However, while you can exchange new mail, the old mails are not visible on the mail client even though they are in the folders. I am using outlook as mail client.

I think it's an index issue. How can I fix this.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: mails not visible on the client

Post by Admin »

If it is working for new emails, but not old, you can force an index update by creating an empty text file in a folder directory called _change.dty. This will force the index to update. If you need to do this for multiple folders you can follow the article below:

https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020652

sagiras

Post by sagiras »

Hi;

The article you suggested unfortunately did not solve my problem. There are 2257 mails in my mailbox, but 45 mails appear on outlook. I deleted the index.xml file in my mail folder on the server and ran outlook again, but the result is the same.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Deleting the index should make all client resync the folder completely. Are you using IMAP? If you open the _index.xml file in Notepad, check to see whether it has the data for over the 2k emails, rather than 45.