post upgrade serious issues (prof. 8.65 - 10.45)

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
diepad

post upgrade serious issues (prof. 8.65 - 10.45)

Post by diepad »

Hello,

I upgraded the prof. from 8.65 to 10.45. For years the 8.xx didn't give me any headache.

I started to have issues where services like postoffice, smtp, imap, index ones crashed. Even the entire service were restarted

In the events the restart of the server is because "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff806f62da4e9, 0xffffaa8661c2ea38, 0xffffaa8661c2e280). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 4990a78f-95dd-49f6-aab4-451b4affa0ca"

it didn't happen before mailenable upgrade and the mailenable upgrade is the only SW deployed since then.

I haven`t seen any relevant log that indicates the fail, my only suspicious is certain mails (spam ones) that are receiving immediately before the crash.

Also other quite annoying impact of the upgrade is that all IMAP clients are downloading again and again their mailbox, it starts removing all the mails, and start to download again all the mailbox. it has been done several times, even I remove the imap account in outlook, and set it up again. Same behavior remains.

I followed the upgrade procedure, and I didn't change any setup, but now seems that my server setup is somehow corrupted and I don`t know what to do.

PD: I also reinstalled the mailenable again with admin privileges.

Any advice here is very welcomed.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: post upgrade serious issues (prof. 8.65 - 10.45)

Post by Admin »

This is likely Acronis, which can remove DLLs during install:

https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020726

diepad

Re: post upgrade serious issues (prof. 8.65 - 10.45)

Post by diepad »

With the help of the mailenable support, I confirm that it was caused by a Adonis solution for cloud backup.

In my case, every day at 10:00 AM, it did a vulnerability scan and kill mailenable processes that would be running at that time (so some days was SMTP, other Postoffice, other IMAP, etc.

When the services recover they found index corrupted and lot of similar situation, so it start to rebuild the folders, etc. so the effect on outlook clients was to re-sincronize IMAP folders, etc.

As soon as I set mailenable processes in the Adonis white list, the mail server is stable as it always has been.

So, I didn´t have issues on the installation, but in the execution of the processes as the "antivirus" working based on timeslot.