MailEnable webmail messing up with the permissions on my IIS sites

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
rgomez

MailEnable webmail messing up with the permissions on my IIS sites

Post by rgomez »

Hello,

I have in my webserver MailEnable installed, version 8.60. I have several sites on my IIS configuration, most of them running WordPress. The server is Windows 2012 R2.

Some of the sites are subdomains, and some are domains. I have the WebMail enabled on most of the domains, but only "root" domains.

Now, the problem is: MailEnable seems to change the permissions on my domains in a way that makes WordPress unable to update itself. This only happens on domains. The sites where I have subdomains or where I don't have the WebMail enabled don't suffer from this. For it to work I need to change the permissions from the application pools config, to delete the entry that at some point MailEnable adds. It works (And the webmail keeps on working, as it is on a subdomain: webmail.domain) but at some point the permissions got changed again and WordPress can't update itself.

I don't remember having this problem before, and I have had this combination for years. It appears to be something recent, maybe with the last MailEnable update or the one before.

The file I need to change for this to work is related, as I said, to the appPools. In my installation it is on c:\inetpub\temp\appPools\domain\domain.config. There, at the end, are two <location> keys, one for the "root" domain, and another for the MEWebMail. I need to delete the root domain key, which has something like this:

<location path="Site">
<system.webServer>
<security>
<authentication>
<anonymousAuthentication enabled="true" userName="IME_USER" password="[enc:AesProvider:*********:enc]" />
</authentication>
</security>
</system.webServer>
</location>

I delete all this from the .config file and WebMail keeps working and WordPress... for a while. At some point MailEnable adds this again (I blame MailEnable as the user is one of the ones created by ME, IME_USER) and WordPress starts having problems when updating.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

rgomez

Re: MailEnable webmail messing up with the permissions on my IIS sites

Post by rgomez »

So... nothing? I just got another wave of wordpress mails telling me that I need to update manually (Which I can't do directly, either, because the permissions are screwed up...)