update from standard to pro seems to fail in webmail

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
zephyr99

update from standard to pro seems to fail in webmail

Post by zephyr99 »

wow. not matter what i do, the update seems to fail. tried both options- update or reset.
error when i bring up webmail. error 500.19. dup error message for WebDev. line 48 in web.config. standard version=pro=10.41 (ie the same version).

what the the recommended procedure short of a fresh install and re-entering smtp etc settings.

zephyr99

Re: update from standard to pro seems to fail in webmail

Post by zephyr99 »

another trub point is doing the install itself. i gave up on the update and am trying to do a fresh install of pro. but seems that me install keeps on telling me to select one of the 2 update options.
1. i deleted the folder for me.
2. did uninstall. its not in the program menu.
3. verified its not in the hklm/software group for mailenable.

but always update during install. what does it take to force a fresh install short of buying a fresh pc.

zephyr99

Post by zephyr99 »

nope. no matter what i do, can NOT get a complete/ fresh install of me pro 10.41.
tried
1. proper windows uninstall of prior verision os me standartd 10.41. verified its gone in registry.
2. uninstall/ reinstall iis. istall webdav, and iis scripting. verified the iis has NO webmail or webadmin apps/site entiores.
3. deleted the old installation directory so all i hope is fresh.

nope. presented with update/ reset option. gonna give up i think.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

If it is IIS errors when trying to run webmail then you won't need to keep trying to reinstall, it is likely some IIS configuration issue that would need addressing. We'd need to see the full error you get on the server either from the Windows event log or from accessing the webmail on the server itself. Are you using http://mewebmail.localhost as the URL on the server to check? If you are using the Pro version you can submit a support ticket for installation issue at the URL and they can help further:

https://www.mailenable.com/support.asp