Meeting Times

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
inter

Meeting Times

Post by inter »

I'm having some trouble with meetings being sent from Exchange servers (I believe the only invites we've received have been from Exchange so I can't speak to other mail programs) into our Mail Enable server and I'm having difficulty figuring out where the discrepancy is arising.

If a message is sent with a meeting scheduled from 4pm-5pm, the time stamp looks to be correct on the incoming message however when the meeting.ics attachment is opened to accept the invite both the start time and end times are moved one hour forward so it gets placed into the calendar at 5pm-6pm instead of the intended 4pm-5pm. I'm able to send and receive invites from other users on our ME server and also to correctly send out invites to the addresses that I'm receiving the invites from.

I've done a pretty good amount of searching around the forum regarding this problem but haven't found any answers for my situation. I have been sure to check my DST settings and also to apply any fixes Microsoft has issued regarding DST changes.

Is this a problem with our ME setup or is the problem caused elsewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi, I have PM'd an email address to you. Can you send one of those meeting requests to the email address and we will check it here.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Looks like the web mail client is not taking into account any Daylight Savings offsets. Could this be the problem with your test?
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

inter

Post by inter »

I'm sorry Ben, which client isn't considering DST offsets: the one that sent the test (OWA) or our ME web client?

Thanks for your help!

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

The ME web mail client. I opened in web mail and Outlook and the time start was different by 1 hour. My location is currently in a DST zone, is either the sender or recipient on your end?
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

inter

Post by inter »

The sender and recipient are the same person sending appointment requests from another office we work with (running Exchange) to our personal office (we're running ME).

Our personal email server is most definitely set to account for DST and I assume the other server is as well but I have no way of checking myself. I base this assumption on the fact that we had no problems like this before we transitioned over to ME from Exchange.

Also, am I correct in my belief that the appointment times are being taken in relation to the mail server times and not in relation to the individual's computer logged in to webmail?

Thanks for your help Ben, it's really appreciated.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

I see that same problem here with our web mail while my client is in a Daylight Savings mode. The Outlook client is the correct time where as web mail is out by an hour I have passed this into the developers for review and resolution and would expect a resolution in the next minor release of MailEnable.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

inter

Post by inter »

Great Ben, thanks again for your help!

bits

Re: Meeting Times

Post by bits »

Hi,
What abaut this issue?
I have a similar problem. I live in spain and here the time is UTC+01:00, all my computers and the server are configured like this, with daylight savings mode.

I'm testing the MAPI connector with 2 e-mail accounts, test1 and test2, and I share the test2 calendar to test1 (read).
In Outlook 2003
- Case 1: I sent one meeting invitation from tes1 to test2 for today from 15:00 to 15:30. What happens?
· test2: (Outlook) I receive the invitation and accepted. The appointment is inserted in the calendar correctly.
· test2: (Webmail) I see the appointment in the calendar, the end time is correct (15:30) but the start time is 1 hour before (14:00)
· test1: (Outlook) I have to close and reopen outlook to see the appointment in the test2 shared calendar but the start time and the end time is not correct (14:00 - 14:30) 1 hour before.

- Case 2: I inserted a new appointment in test2 calendar (subject: testing... / from 13:00 to 13:30) with the same result.
· test2: (Outlook) The appointment is inserted in the calendar correctly.
· test2: (Webmail) I see the appointment in the calendar, the end time is correct (13:30) but the start time is 1 hour before (12:00)
· test1: (Outlook) I have to close and reopen outlook to see the appointment in the test2 shared calendar but the start time and the end time is not correct (12:00 - 12:30) 1 hour before.

Another issue is that the appoinments don't support spanish characters.

Thanks!

MailEnable-Nick

Post by MailEnable-Nick »

Hi,

I have just tested this scenario using your timezone, and I don't have any problems. Do you have any other time zone related problems when you are using webmail alone?

In order to get your problem investigated more closely, you will need to open a support ticket.

Nick.

bits

Post by bits »

Hi Nick,

I disabled the Daylight Savings in the outlook calendar options and all the problems with the hours are gone, but I'm not sure if this is a good solution.

Trying to do the process within webmail everything works, but when I try to open the shared calendar in Outlook I have this error ‘Assertion failed in File: .\MSMSG.CPP, Line: 2213 – Break into de debugger?’ Provably this is a bug…
And what about multilingual support for the appointments, in webmail I get the correct characters, but in Outlook the Spanish characters don’t works.

Thanks!

MailEnable-Nick

Post by MailEnable-Nick »

There were some problems with extended characters that we fixed recently. Do you have problems still with the latest released version of the client?

In regards to your other calendar/timezone problems, we aren't able to reproduce any problems like the ones you describe. You will need to use a support ticket if you want to get it looked at more closely.

Thanks, Nick.

inter1

Post by inter1 »

With DST occurring this past weekend, we've had another situation come up regarding meeting times. On Friday a meeting request was sent from the same Exchange server mentioned in the first post set up for 1PM on Monday (today). When the meeting request was accepted on Friday it was correctly entered into the calendar at 1PM on Monday. This morning when we checked our appointments for the day the same meeting start time has now moved back an hour to 2PM.

The best I can figure is that it was moved forward because of DST taking place, am I correct? Is there any chance this will continue to occur?

inter1

Post by inter1 »

We've looked into it further and as far as we can tell all of our meetings, both singular and reoccurring, have been pushed back an hour.

Unfortunately this really throws us off as now we're really unsure if a time has been moved or not unless we explicitly stated the start time in the calendar event title.

inter1

Post by inter1 »

Another update: a test message was sent from the same Exchange server mentioned in the first post with the subject "TEST 5:00PM-5:30." Adding this invite to the calendar inserted the meeting at 6:00PM-6:30. However, using Thunderbird to connect to our ME server via IMAP I was able to accept the meeting invite for the correct time. :?