inbound smtp messages remain as spooling

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
billwetson

inbound smtp messages remain as spooling

Post by billwetson »

I have windows server 2008 R2 with mailenbale enterprise 10.15 with plesk 12.5.
today I understand some message remail in SMTP queue inbound with "spooling" status and after restart MTA service they transfer with no issue and after that this issue happens again.
I check this URL: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/a ... D=ME020497 so I check pickup event in MTA and pick. they were disabled by default. I disable magicspam but it doesn't resolve.
before this, the inbound was empty at all but now some messages remain as spooling.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: inbound smtp messages remain as spooling

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The first step is to upgrade to 10.34 from our downloads page to ensure you have all the latest fixes to MailEnable cores services. Then ensure you have reviewed this section of that article you mentioned:

Stopping the third party COM object Pick Up Event (Mainly Plesk users)

1. Open Windows "Regedit" and navigate to the following location:

For 32bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA
For 64bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA

2. Locate the key name: Pickup Event Class Enabled
3. Change the Decimal value to "0" to disbale the COM object.
4. Navigate within the MailEnable administration console to: Servers > Localhost > Services and Connectors > MTA
Right click on the "MTA" node and select "Stop" and then "Start" to restart MTA agent.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

billwetson

Re: inbound smtp messages remain as spooling

Post by billwetson »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:09 am
Hi,

The first step is to upgrade to 10.34 from our downloads page to ensure you have all the latest fixes to MailEnable cores services. Then ensure you have reviewed this section of that article you mentioned:

Stopping the third party COM object Pick Up Event (Mainly Plesk users)

1. Open Windows "Regedit" and navigate to the following location:

For 32bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA
For 64bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Agents\MTA

2. Locate the key name: Pickup Event Class Enabled
3. Change the Decimal value to "0" to disbale the COM object.
4. Navigate within the MailEnable administration console to: Servers > Localhost > Services and Connectors > MTA
Right click on the "MTA" node and select "Stop" and then "Start" to restart MTA agent.
Thank you so much for your response.