[SOLVED]How do we prevent spammer using webmail to send massive email?

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
poweredge

[SOLVED]How do we prevent spammer using webmail to send massive email?

Post by poweredge »

Is there any parameter like the one in SMTP Limit max recipient per hour? Unfortunately, Webmail sent message won't be limited by any of the SMTP restrictions in ME.

Seemed any email sent by Webmail to SMTP is treated as localhos 127.0.0.1 which is whitelist in SMTP Relay for privileged IP range somehow.

Or the spammer could simply write a script login with cracked account and send massive junk mail out via Webmail.

Anyway to prevent it? I can only think of when I see spool (ie, SMTP outgoing) contains thousands of MAI, then I start to track who's the cracked users, and then disable.

One more thing, how can we setup an alert or filter to email system admin that the SMTP Queue has over say 1000 email now, so we know someone is abusing the system.

Thanks.
Last edited by poweredge on Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: How do we prevent spammer using webmail to send massive email?

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Messages that are destined to external recipients sent via web mail will always be routed by the SMTP connector. Therefore any restrictions set in SMTP will be triggered.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

poweredge

Re: How do we prevent spammer using webmail to send massive email?

Post by poweredge »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:24 am
Hi,

Messages that are destined to external recipients sent via web mail will always be routed by the SMTP connector. Therefore any restrictions set in SMTP will be triggered.
Many thanks for correct my wrong assumption, thanks Ian.