Better hotfix notification

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
michelkenny

Better hotfix notification

Post by michelkenny »

I was thinking that having a mailing list which would notify us when a new hotfix has been released would be a good idea. Right now, the only time I know that a hotfix has been released (besides checking the hotfix page every couple of days), is when I read a forum message indicating that a hotfix is available. Having the mailing list would be a lot handier since we would get an immediate notification when a hotfix is released.

Oh, and while I'm here about hotfixes... when you right-click on the ME Tray icon and select updates... should that be showing program updates (ie, from 2.34 to 2.35) or hotfixes? Everytime I look at it, it's always empty.

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

We are working on improving the notification mechanism through the metray utility. We are also implementing some additional safeguards to significantly reduce the likelyhood of vulnerabilities (we are of course aiming to eliminate). These changes will be released in the 2.36 update on wednesday.

The update list is always e-mailed when a hotfix is available. You should make sure that you are on that list.

If you login to your online services account, there is a section that allows you to determine whether you are subscribed.
Regards, Andrew

michelkenny

Post by michelkenny »

MailEnable wrote:The update list is always e-mailed when a hotfix is available. You should make sure that you are on that list.

If you login to your online services account, there is a section that allows you to determine whether you are subscribed.
I was sure that I looked everywhere for such a list, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks for pointing it out to me, I made sure I was subscribed!

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

No worries. The list is also able to be subscribed from the home page. Its just that you can check whether or not you are subscribed under online services. I have suggested that a notice to this effect is added to the hotifix page.
Regards, Andrew