Configure the default webmail settings for new mailbox

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Sentiva

Configure the default webmail settings for new mailbox

Post by Sentiva »

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure the default settings for the webmail client such than whenever a new mailbox is created on one of the domains in the Post Office is starts out with these settings

Specifically - I would like to make the default landing page the Inboxc (rather than the Overview) and the defaul content type to Rich Text (rather than plain text)

I can go and edit these settings manually after creating a mailbox, but it's easy to forget (and I want these defaults for all mailboxes)

Are these defaults lurking in aconfig file somewhere I can alter them?

Cheers,

Tim

MailEnable-Ben

Re: Configure the default webmail settings for new mailbox

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Here is a method for creating a default Post Office or Mailbox and have the same settings applied to all new Post Offices/Mailboxes. These steps will not work when using a database backend store as the files are not looked at when creating a new container.

The following steps will allow you to create a Post Office or Mailbox Configuration that is applied to all new post offices or mailboxes.

For Post Office
Create a new Post Office called test.com and change all the default settings for this test post office that you want for any new one.
Then copy/rename the following file to it's parent directory of the second location;

Program Files\MailEnable\Config\Postoffices\test.com\postoffice.sys

TO

Program Files\MailEnable\Config\Postoffices\postoffice.sys

Doing this will mean that any post office configuration setting that is stored in the sys file will be used for the defaults of any newly created post office.

For Mailbox
Create a new mailbox called test and change all the default settings for this test mailbox that you want for any new mailbox.
Then copy/rename the following file to it's parent directory of the second location;

Program Files\MailEnable\Config\Postoffices\[Post Office Name]\Mailboxes\test.sys

TO

Program Files\MailEnable\Config\Postoffices\[Post Office Name]\mailbox.sys

Doing this will mean that any mailbox configuration setting that is stored in the sys file will be used for the defaults of any newly created mailbox.

If you need to change the current configuration for post offices already created then the following command line tool can help;

System Option Command Line Utility
http://www.mailenable.com/utilities/addons/MESOCU.zip
Updated: 10th October 2006
Command line utility that allows configuration options to be set in batch. Run application to view options.
Author: MailEnable
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

adrakopoulos

Post by adrakopoulos »

Hello,

I want to use the command line utility so that to set a time zone for all mailboxes. The time zone is GTB Standard Time. However if I use the command "mesocu mailbox domain/*/* TimeZone GTB Standard Time" the result is that in the .sys files there is a new entry as "TimeZone=GTB". That means that everything after the space is omitted. I have tried every possible character I could think of instead of space, with no luck. So, my question is, what is the correct syntax of the command in order to have the correct entry in the .sys files?

Thank you in advance
Andreas

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Enter the required parameter surrounded by quotes:

"GTB Standard Time"