Unable to send or receive mail from previously hosted domain

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
pphx

Unable to send or receive mail from previously hosted domain

Post by pphx »

Hello,
I'm on Mailenable Enterprise Version 9.85 with DB on SQL Server.
I'm experiencing a strange problem, I am unable to send or receive mail from previously hosted domain.

If I send an email to him I receive the following reply:
MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Recipient: [SMTP:xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xx]
Reason: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
If this a user of this previously hosted domain send me a mail, he receive this:
Error: 550 5.7.23 The message was rejected because of Sender Policy Framework violation -> 554 This server requires you to send from an IP address specified by the SPF for xxxxxxxx.xx.
It seems as SPF was not correctly configured, but it is correctly configured indeed anyone can send to this domain from any other server but mine.
I checked on my server anywhere, I analyzed every table on database, but nothing found.

Please help me.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to send or receive mail from previously hosted domain

Post by Admin »

Do you have the domain still configured in MailEnable? Try removing the domain and associated email addresses. For the SPF error this seems to indicate you are using your own DNS which still has an entry pointing to your own IP, not the new one.

pphx

Post by pphx »

The domain was removed from everywhere, and the previous mailboxes too. The new SPF record is correct indeed the domain can send and receive from and to elsewhere domain are not hosted on my server. Before to write here I tryed anything.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The 503 error indicates you are trying to send an email via SMTP to an address not hosting on the mail server, but your email client has not authenticated. There may be some other cases that raise this error, but check the SMTP Debug log at the time since it will indicate why it is blocked. Make sure SMTP authentication is enabled on your client. Can you send to a Gmail or similar address from the same email client?

The 550 5.7.23 error for SPF is not generated by MailEnable. But the 554 looks to be one we send. Check the SMTP Debug log to see if this shows details. If you set the SMTP options to not reject the email it will add a header to the email with the failure details.