help with smtpRestrictConcurrentOutbound cmdlet

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
nurudeen

help with smtpRestrictConcurrentOutbound cmdlet

Post by nurudeen »

I wish to change the restriction on the number of recipients a mailbox user can send in an hour from postoffice level to the mailbox level. Because I have more than four thousand email boxes, I have to use the cmdlet to change all the user mailboxes.

I tried the cmdlet command:
Set-MailEnableMailbox -Postoffice <postofficename> -Mailbox <mailboxname> -Setting mailboxSMTP-Inbound-Message-UsageRestrictionEnabled -Value 50

But I get the error:
Set-MailEnableMailbox : Setting not found
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-MailEnableMailbox -Postoffice <postofficename> -Mailbox <mailboxname> -Setting ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-MailEnableMailbox], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Exception,MailEnable.Provision.Command.SetMailboxCommand

Does anyone have some ideas, please?

Thank you

Admin
Site Admin

Re: help with smtpRestrictConcurrentOutbound cmdlet

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The command looks correct, other than the value has to be 1 or 0. 0 for disable, 1 for enabled. mailboxSMTP-Inbound-Message-UsageRestriction is used for setting the value. Are you using the exact postoffice name for <postofficename> and for the mailbox? The command you are trying to use is for configuring just one mailbox. If you are trying to set it for the postoffice use poSMTP-Inbound-Message-UsageRestrictionEnabled. You can also set this in the admin program if you are setting for one postoffice.