Web Admin Problem

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Andrew

Web Admin Problem

Post by Andrew »

I cannot get access to the web admin. I followed the instructions for the snap in and got that section to work ok. the problem i now have is that when i do the http://domainname/webadmin as per you pdf document the page doesn't exist. The canned web page points to http://localhost/meadmin/base/default/lang/EN/login.asp

Unfortunately i get the following error when it tries to open that page:

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid class string
/meadmin/base/default/lang/EN/login.asp, line 112

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)

Page:
GET /meadmin/base/default/lang/EN/login.asp

I hope this helps.
PS: Would you accept less than $175 for the web feature? I am a personal user with at most 3 mail boxes and cannot justify too much cash. Other than that i can be a beta tester for ever? I would rather give you some cash for a proper license - you deserve it. Just make it affordable for tight people like me.... ;-)
Regards,
a :wink:

tremors

Same Problem...

Post by tremors »

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried numerous settings...but with no luck.
Also I noticed when I go into the the console Servers > localhost > Services > WebAdmin I get the following message:

Views_CreatePropertyPages: The specified property page could not be found in the system registry. Check that it is associated with SnapInControl.

I am very curious as to what is not setup correctly and would love to try the webadmin feature out.

Thank you in advance!! :D

tremors

Solution?

Post by tremors »

I am using Windows .NET Server 2003 and the beta of ME Professional and it wouldn't let me log into WebAdmin like I stated before. I was reading another post and it actually helped me solve my problem.
Try this post and see if it helps you out:
http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?t=1246
(Read the last post by communitypc)
Hope this helps!! :wink:

dontwork

Post by dontwork »

Im running windows 2000 server and also getting the same error.

What has changed?. I have a another server running mailenable all i had to do was run setup.exe and poof everything worked.

Now, I moved to a new server, downloaded the new build and cant get to my webmail page, I keep getting the windows Auth Error.

If I use my windows admin login and password I cant get to the webmail login page but get the ASP error listed above..

seems like there is a few bugs in the new builds of webmail.

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

I had problems with the admin web too on my W2K3 RC2 server.
But now it is working fin after I installed the beta release from the 3. april.

Remember you have to make the changes as discriped in KB-articel ME020080
Peter ;)

Sploit

Wrong Access Folder

Post by Sploit »

It installs as meadmin

so it would be mail.yourname.com/meadmin

I have gotten this far, now It wont let me login
you piss off supa fly :)