Webmail Default To Inbox Folder

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
tmorg

Webmail Default To Inbox Folder

Post by tmorg »

Is there a way to make the webmail default to the inbox folder when users first login?

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi, yes this is possible. The feature you are looking for is within the Webmail Options section of the web mail client on the Settings TAB. The location is in the "Startup Page" drop down box.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

kpenland@airadv.net

Re: Webmail Default To Inbox Folder

Post by kpenland@airadv.net »

I understand the option in webmail for a user to choose the startup page. Is there a way to make the startup page the inbox folder by default even if they have never logged in and selected an option?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Open the MailEnable administration console and navigate to the postoffice where you would like to set the mailbox defaults. Click on the "Mailboxes" node and in the right hand pane menu click on "Configure mailbox defaults". In the list look for "WebMail-StartupPage". Set the value to Inbox and then ok. This will set the startup page to the inbox folder for any new mailbox that is created within the postoffice.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kpenland@airadv.net

Post by kpenland@airadv.net »

Perfect! Thanks! I keep missing the options on the right side, I'm too used to ver 5.2......