Problem: IME_ADMIN not granted access.

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Seef

Problem: IME_ADMIN not granted access.

Post by Seef »

Hi guys,

new to the MailEnable system but I managed to get things installed. The goal is to install ME on 2 or 3 servers and use the clustering ability.

So I installed the first server and pointed the Configuration Repository to a Sentinel NAS. I shared a folder on that NAS, gave everyone read/write permissions and did the same for the Message Store Repository.

When I installed ME I let the Diagnostic Utility run and it gave me a nasty error: Problem: IME_ADMIN not granted access. Reason: Checked 6 Entries (ACEs) in the Access List (DACL), but could not find account SID that matches within any of them.
and then some, 6 in total, but I figure if I solve this one I will have the solution for the other ones. :)

The EXACT error is: Permissions: \\172.16.2.100\MailEnable\POSTOFFICES Problem: IME_ADMIN not granted access. Reason: Checked 6 Entries (ACEs) in the Access List (DACL), but could not find account SID that matches within any of them.

Seems pretty straight forward, no acces to the folder. So I logged on to the ME server as IME_ADMIN and tried to connect to the specified folder on the NAS, works like a charm.

No I'm kinda boggled, I checked the NAS, even added the IME_ADMIN and IME_USER accounts but it seems to me, ME checks for the servername\IME_ADMIN account being available on the NAS. That will not work, the NAS is a sentinel and runs on Server 2008 datacenter. I'm not able to add a user to the NAS with the NAS\IME_ADMIN other then the servername of the Sentinel NAS>

Is there anyway to get around this?

Oh yeah, I ran the MEInstaller and voted option 2, set a new password, made sure the windows user has the same password and after that I also ran option 12.

I'm boggled, anyone has any ideas?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Seef