Spam: Best Practice?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Matth

Spam: Best Practice?

Post by Matth »

Hi

I was just reviewing the spam configuration on my server and was wondering what the best practice is that you have deployed. Here's what I have setup and was wondering if there is anything more I should do or if there are some problems with my setup:

1. SMTP Service: Greylisting enabled for all users,
- with 4 minutes delay
- sensitivity set to Medium (Class C)
- allowed Bypass greylisting for valid SPF
- allowed the list of IP addresses
2. SMTP Service: DNS Blacklisting enabled and not accepting emails with the following blacklists
- Barracuda Reputation Block List
- Spamcop
- SpamhausZEN
3. SMTP Service: URL Blacklisting enabled with replacing the link with the following blacklists
- Barracuda Reputation Block List
- Spamcop
- SpamhausZEN
4. SMTP Service: SPF Enabled, with no checking for local IP addresses
5. Extensions - Message Filter: SpamAssassin enabled with a bypass for authenticated senders
6. Extensions - DKIM enabled
7. Defined Spam Protection as follows:
8. Enabled a Filter that is enabled "Where the message fails SpamAssassin verification"
- Copy the message to the Quarantine directory
- Delete Message

Is there anything missing in the setup?

How can I teach SpamAssassin and Mailenable to whitelist certain email-addresses or domains? When I tell it in Outlook that something is not junk, how does the server know that?
Can I have different spam protection rules for different mailboxes? Like delete them for one mailbox, but for another move them to the junk folder?

Maranda

Re: Spam: Best Practice?

Post by Maranda »

Remove allowed Bypass greylisting for valid SPF, unfortunately a lot of spammers have valid SPF records.

Matth

Re: Spam: Best Practice?

Post by Matth »

Thanks. Updated that and removed the tick mark.