AV Solution

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
gxavier.bh

AV Solution

Post by gxavier.bh »

Hi there,
F-Prot is dead for new subscriptions since 08/2020. AVG 6,7 and 8 cannot be installed on windows server and business version does not have the file you specified on Antivirus filters (ashCmd.exe). All other AV on your list has a very complicate configuration procedure that does not pay itself. I try ClamAV, installing it from it´s own website and reconfigure the path to find clamdscan.exe file on the installation folder: C:\Program Files\ClamAV.
The result was "command line scanner returned: 2"
Is it right?

I installed ClamWin from Mailenable installation file. It gave me "command line scanner returned: 1". I believe this is right.
As I´m not a fan of free software, I´m trying to find a paid AV, but so far nothing is good. Will Mailenable be compatible with AVG Mail server edition: https://www.avg.com/en-au/email-server-business-edition ?

gxavier.bh

Re: AV Solution

Post by gxavier.bh »

Hi,

I talked to AVG - Avast now - and they said that command line has changed few parameters. Are you going to update Mailenable documentation or pre programmed filters?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I thought that they no longer have an option to license a server to check emails, without using their mail server product which only works with Microsoft Exchange. I will ask them and see if this has changed, or whether I have this wrong.

gxavier.bh

Post by gxavier.bh »

Admin wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:45 am
I thought that they no longer have an option to license a server to check emails, without using their mail server product which only works with Microsoft Exchange. I will ask them and see if this has changed, or whether I have this wrong.
I saw that too, but if they have the same command line scanner file, maybe the parameters had changed. Another way would be staling file server version and try command line again.

gxavier.bh

Post by gxavier.bh »

Hi there,

Any news on this subject?