_index.xml

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

_index.xml

Post by jglazer »

Is there any way I can stop deleting _index.xml in various mailboxes? I've been doing this for years a couple times a week. It's been annoying forever. Any ideas? Is there any way I can tell the customer to do it themselves when mailenable screws up?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: _index.xml

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The first step would be to understand why your deleting them? You should never delete index files as you will lose message flags. What version of MailEnable Enterprise do you have installed?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

In a prior post a couple years ago, I had reported that these people would log into outlook and they would have no email. Or they would look at their calendars and they would be empty. I was told to try deleting the _index.xml file and VIOLA! they all came back. So I end up doing this for them a few times a month whenever email, contacts or calendars go empty. There doesn't seem to be any other way to do it. I would really like it to stop.

Any thoughts?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

What version of MailEnable are you running?

Instead of deleting the _index.xml file the recommended method would to be place a _change.dty file in the folder with the missing items. The _change.dty file will force an index update when the user accesses the folder and add any missing entries without losing any message flags.

Please use the following article to copy a _change.dty file in all mailbox folders: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020652
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

I have Enterprise 10.31. I can do the _change.dty thing but it still bothers me how often I have to do this stuff.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

You need to upgrade to the latest version as there has been fixes to indexing and other core services that you need to apply. The upgrade is free and requires minimal downtime. If it occurs after the upgrade then the best way forward is to lodge a support ticket under the category of "Upgrade".
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support