10.40 Webmail Slow as a tortoise riding a slug.

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
kiamori

10.40 Webmail Slow as a tortoise riding a slug.

Post by kiamori »

Not sure what happened from 10.37 to 10.40 but webmail is insanely slow now.
Please fix asap.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: 10.40 Webmail Slow as a tortoise riding a slug.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

How are you determining that its slow. Can you provide examples?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Selecting a folder, then subsequent page load for all emails is very slow especially for larger mailboxes. Server CPU is at 3%, RAM is at just 30% utilization, Disk usage is minimal and network is only using 5% of maximum.

Also, still see the bug where inbox has wrong number of new emails, you can replicate this quickly by updating the web.config to increase the auto logout timers. For example:

<sessionState update timeout="1440"
<httpRuntime update maxRequestLength="102400" executionTimeout="86400"

let webmail stay idle for some time and the unread messages will exponentially go larger.

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

I reverted to 10.39 and webmail is fast again, please look into the issue with slow webmail in 10.40

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We have tried to emulate this in 10.40 within a mailbox containing large amounts of data. There was no performance issues. Are there specific steps to reproduce this? Are you able to submit a ticket and provide access to an example mailbox via server collaboration?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

It was noticeable on all mailboxes on our ME server, we had to revert to 10.39 due to many customer complaints. This issue only appeared to effect webmail. Some users reported 1-3 minute load times of webmail messages. locally we did notice some slow loads as well, but it was maybe 10 seconds at most when normally its instantaneous. We will not be reinstalling 10.4 until the issue has been resolved.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

We cant fix the issue if we cannot emulate the issue or gain a better understanding of the data contained in the mailboxes. We use web mail on our production servers using 10.40 an have not been able to emulate the performance issues your reporting.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Garre

Post by Garre »

This sounds very much like a problem I reported to Ian. We are yet to figure out the cause. So far my work around for my issue has been to update the .NET Framework using MEInstaller (Option 13) after each install. Then the Webmail works fine, until the next install. My problem began around update 10.36.

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Garre wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:13 pm
This sounds very much like a problem I reported to Ian. We are yet to figure out the cause. So far my work around for my issue has been to update the .NET Framework using MEInstaller (Option 13) after each install. Then the Webmail works fine, until the next install. My problem began around update 10.36.
I can give it a try, we reverted back to 10.39 but webmail is still a bit clunky. However, nowhere near as bad as it was with 10.40

kiamori

Post by kiamori »

Still slow after doing the MEInstaller (Option 13), the most noticeable thing to slow down in 10.39 is switching from one folder to another. This used to be instantaneous, now it takes 2-3 seconds for the folder to load. In 10.40 everything was slow, including just clicking on the next email in the same folder, which is not the case for 10.39

Server load is low for CPU/RAM and disk usage is only peaking at about 30% IO