Unable to show folders and contacts copied over

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
rfwilliams777

Unable to show folders and contacts copied over

Post by rfwilliams777 »

A client lost their domain due to not paying their registrar. I created a new domain and new post office and all that in ME I also deleted their previous post office; but not before I copied all their emails and contacts. For some reason the folders are not coming up even though I manually edited the folders.xml file and I copied the _change.dty file into various folders. For whatever reason many of their sub folders are not appearing and their contacts refuse to appear. I have deleted their index files numerous times to no avail. I used to be able to easily resolve this but now it is baffling me why what I used to do is not working at all. This is ME Ent 10.39.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to show folders and contacts copied over

Post by Admin »

If you log into the mailbox do you see any email messages from the account, or do you see the default welcome message? This may indicate whether you have the emails copied into the correct location. If you see the default message then they are likely not in the correct place:

Mail Enable\Postoffices\[postoffice]\MAILROOT\[mailbox]

Maybe you had moved the location of the storage at some time?

Do you see any of the folders you copied? You can just delete the _folder.xml file in a folder, it will be recreated. If you delete this in the root of the mailbox you should see all the folders in that directory appear (subfolders should be ok if you copied them across since the _folder.xml in those directories would have also come across).

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Folders and emails were copied over and placed into the correct place. I deleted all of the folder.xml files (along with all of the other index files). Emails in inbox are there. A couple of folders I manually added to the folder.xml are there but only after I edited the file. But when I added all the others, does not appear in webmail. Deleted that folders file by accident and let it recreate the index files, same thing just those couple of folders.
And the contacts have not come up at all. Under a previous (like version 7 or thereabouts) a _change.dty file was provided to me to force the index. I’ve done that all over the account, contacts don’t appear and the folders do not appear.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you email sales@mailenable.com I'll get someone to help, either they can log into the server or they will need more details from your diagnostic report, etc.