Country authentication restrictions on ME Enterprise Version 10.38 not working.

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
hasdeep

Country authentication restrictions on ME Enterprise Version 10.38 not working.

Post by hasdeep »

Hi,

We had enabled Country authentication restrictions on ME Enterprise Version 10.38 to restrict only connections from the countries selected below can authenticate and selected India. It worked perfectly fine. Now we wanted to enable another country say example Canada to allow connections from users from Canada to authenticate. But even after enabling Canada country and restarting all Mailenable services still it is not working. When we try to authenticate from Canada IP over IMAP we get error message 550 authorization failed.

Kindly suggest the way out.

Regards,
Hasdeep

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Country authentication restrictions on ME Enterprise Version 10.38 not working.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you please update to 10.40 to ensure you have the latest GeoIP database in MailEnable.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

hasdeep

Re: Country authentication restrictions on ME Enterprise Version 10.38 not working.

Post by hasdeep »

I have updated to 10.40 but issue still persists. Any suggestion to resolve this issue. Still getting 550 authorization failed error from Canadian IP.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please lodge a support ticket under the category of upgrade and provide copies of the SMTP activity and debug log files or access to the server via RDP or Teamviewer.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support