mailbox default settings

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
darko.bazulj

mailbox default settings

Post by darko.bazulj »

I see there is "configure mailbox defaults" setting but how I can do that globally and not only per each postoffice.
I want to enable "Limit SMTP usage to a maximum of" on each mailbox when mailbox is created in any postoffice.
I also would like to enable this for each existing mailbox.

I have tried to enable "Limit number of recipients per hour" at SMTP level but this have broken logic in my opinion.
If I set globally "Limit number of recipients per hour" = 100 and we have user who wants to send to more than 100 recipients per hour and he explain why he need this, I can't go to his mailbox and set "Limit SMTP usage to a maximum of" = 200 because global setting will override this mailbox parameter.
Like you can't whitelist some IP or mail because it is blocked globally.

Or if there is some option to change that logic would be even better. :idea:

Regards,
Darko Bazulj

Admin
Site Admin

Re: mailbox default settings

Post by Admin »

Hi,

The Limit number of recipients per hour has a global setting, but this does not override the postoffice or mailbox settings. It is used if there is no setting for postoffice or mailbox. If you want a mailbox to have its own setting, just set it - it will still limit them to this value unless you have a postoffice value set.

So the logic is:

If the postoffice has a limit, use that limit
If the mailbox has a limit, use that if the postoffice limit is not set
If the mailbox has no limit and the postoffice has no limit then use the global setting

darko.bazulj

Re: mailbox default settings

Post by darko.bazulj »

I've made more tests on ver. 10.42 and I can confirm that mailbox value would override global value :D
Maybe I did some mistake in previous test :(