Weird performance issues

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
R4LRetro

Weird performance issues

Post by R4LRetro »

Hello!

I ran into an issue today with MailEnable Enterprise 10.45 that I haven't experienced since we were originally on Professional. We run Enterprise 10.45 on Windows Server 2016 running RAID1 with 2 2TB SAS hard drives, on a 16-core blade server with 64GB of RAM and for the most part it runs fine. However, once in a while, usually after a restart, the server performs very sluggish which causes clients to have issues sending and receiving mail. The mouse cursor shows its loading something and the MailEnable console becomes non-responsive. During this time, if I open Task Manager beforehand, I can observe that the IMAP service is running but is not using any CPU resources. The whole machine is non-responsive during this time. After 5-10 minutes, the IMAP service suddenly starts using CPU and everything becomes responsive for about a minute, then the cycle repeats. Mail will send during this small window.

The only way I can get it to stop doing this is to restart the SMTP, MTA, and IMAP services then restart them one at a time, leaving IMAP last. This makes the server act normal from that point on. Everything becomes responsive, mail is fast sending/receiving. I tried just restarting one of these services at a time but that doesn't help, it's only when I stop those 3 services, then start them one by one. What could be causing this issue? I've tried repairing the ME install, using MEInstaller to fix the IME permissions, I've ran defrag, disk cleanup, DISM and SFC, I've disabled my A/V and my backup to check if those were interfereing... I don't know what else to do.

Please advise.