Just the MMC

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

Just the MMC

Post by jglazer »

I manage all my servers remotely (which I am sure many others do too). It would be nice to be able to just download the MMC portion of the package so that you can use the Remote Administration package to manage your servers.

Just an idea. Perhaps this already exists?

I was able to get the MMC by installing the Core Components to my workstation but this is not a really good solution as it installs all sorts of stuff I really don't want.

In addition, the MMC doesn't seem to remember my remote settings when I run the program so I have to "log in" each time I try to administer the remote server. Very close to a complete soltuion for remote administration, but just a bit cumbersome.

Jon

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The client adminstration install will be finished after the 1.1 release of Enterprise which will be posted this weekend on our beta page. This will just install the items needed to access a remote server/cluster.

Josche

RE: Just the MMC

Post by Josche »

Speaking of the MMC ... is there a way to disable the Do you wish to save? prompt everytime you close it?

Brad

Post by Brad »

Yes, click on File Options
and on the Console Mode:
change from Author mode to User Mode.

thats it!

Anlan

Post by Anlan »

Admin wrote:The client adminstration install will be finished after the 1.1 release of Enterprise which will be posted this weekend on our beta page. This will just install the items needed to access a remote server/cluster.
Are there any news about this feature ?
1.1 is out but I can't see the Admin only option.

Anlan

Post by Anlan »

Sorry for putting this up again ... but we'd really need the Just MMC install.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Yep. Still waiting myself.

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hi, I have got an update on this the developers are suggesting that the utility is completed and works in an infant stage and now needs some testing and polishing. Things like ensuring that it cannot be installed on a server that is running Professional and Standard needs addressing among other environment considerations.

The utility will be released before the version 2 of Professional, now release date yet but not far away.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

NickInOz

Post by NickInOz »

Guys, any update on this yet? Been a while now since the last post on this topic.

Electrosonics

Re: Just the MMC

Post by Electrosonics »

This is how I eliminated the annoying prompt to save settings every time I exit the MailEnable Management console:

1. Open folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Mail Enable\Admin
  2. Right click on MailEnableAdmin.msc file and select Author
  3. Once the MailEnable Management console is open, click on File then Options
  4. Change Console Mode from Author to User Mode – full access
  5. Click the OK button
  6. Exit the MailEnable Management console
  7. Click Yes when prompted to Save console setting to MailEnableAdmin.msc

Now when you open MailEnable Management console and exit, you will no longer be prompted to save settings.

Hint: Before making this change, open MailEnable Management console and open the feature that you always want the MailEnable Management console to display when freshly opened. Exit and save the settings, then change the Console Mode from Author to User Mode – full access.