POP3 not allowing login

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
RobertFerguson

POP3 not allowing login

Post by RobertFerguson »

:? :x When I try to retreve my e-mail, POP3 won't let me log in. In the DeBug Log, it says that I have tried to login, but not valid user. I have double checked and triple checked the user name and pword to insure that they are correct and the same on ME as well as Outlook. Please tell me what other information you need and HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

:D By the way, I used to have an older version of me standard and LOVED it. No comment on what happend to the machine that it was on.

Thank you,

Robert Ferguson

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Firstly, make sure that you have used the full username. This is formatted as mailboxname@postofficename. If you look at the AUTH.TAB file in the Mail Enable\Config directory you will see the usernames that it will try to authenticate against. If you are using the beta for 1.6, you may be authenticating against the Windows user database. In the Administration program, right click on the post office icon, select Properties, and make sure Use Integrated Windows Authentication is off (if it is on, then you are authenticating against the Windows users, and this password may be different to the one set in MailEnable).

RobertFerguson

Post by RobertFerguson »

Thanks for sending a reply so soon. I have verified that the AUTH.TAB has the username and pword correct. When I right click on the postoffice icon to check if I have windows auth. on, it comes up and is all greyed out. However, it is not selected. Is there any thing else I can do?

Thank you,

RobertFerguson

RobertFerguson

Post by RobertFerguson »

I think that I spoke too soon. I found in the properties for SMTP that the allow mail relay was unchecked. I am now abled to connect to the pop server, however, it won't let me send mail. It returns an error 551 user not local: please try <forward-path>.

And thanks

Robert Ferguson

RobertFerguson

Again, Here I am

Post by RobertFerguson »

Just to let you know, I fixed the prob. with not being able to log in to the pop3. However, I have another problem. I am sorry that I am finding so many errors, or is this just me? Have I done something that I shouldn't have? Well, lets see.

I noticed that all mail is being is going to the bad mail file. Nothing is getting out. When I click on the properties tab for the MTA agent, I get this error message: View_CreatePropertyPages: Snap-in designer runtime error: 0x800A0153. I click on ok and the properties window opens with this error message: No properties are available on this object. Now, What did I do wrong, or is this a real bug?

Last item, I hope that I can give my future customers the level of customer service that you guys give. Even if I can only reach half the level that you are at, I will be rich.

Thank you

Robert Ferguson

john

Re: Again, Here I am

Post by john »

How bout telling us what the dix to the problem was. Isn't that the point here?
RobertFerguson wrote:Just to let you know, I fixed the prob. with not being able to log in to the pop3. However, I have another problem. I am sorry that I am finding so many errors, or is this just me? Have I done something that I shouldn't have? Well, lets see.

I noticed that all mail is being is going to the bad mail file. Nothing is getting out. When I click on the properties tab for the MTA agent, I get this error message: View_CreatePropertyPages: Snap-in designer runtime error: 0x800A0153. I click on ok and the properties window opens with this error message: No properties are available on this object. Now, What did I do wrong, or is this a real bug?

Last item, I hope that I can give my future customers the level of customer service that you guys give. Even if I can only reach half the level that you are at, I will be rich.

Thank you

Robert Ferguson