Purge Specific Accounts

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
rtillie

Purge Specific Accounts

Post by rtillie »

Has anyone created, or does anyone know of a way, to purge the inbox of specific accounts. I have some users (all the mailboxes start with the word "store") and I would like to delete all email in their inbox older then 30 days. The purge utility won't work because it does all email inboxes. I could run a script that looked at the parent folder name and if it contained "store" delete the messages. But if I am not mistaken, the client won't update correctly unless I also deleted the index.xml file. The problem with that is that in the past when I have done this, all the message left in the inbox become unread again. For reference we are running MailEnable Enterprise Premium v 10.15.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Purge Specific Accounts

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The first step is to upgrade your MailEnable version to the latest on our downloads page.

The web mail client contains an "Archive/Purge" option when you right click on a folder. It allows you to purge messages using criteria of days old, subject, or sender address.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rtillie

Re: Purge Specific Accounts

Post by rtillie »

We are running version 10.25 as of last night. So I would need to login into 51 accounts and use the purge function, am I understanding that correctly?